ABOUT STUD BEEF VICTORIA
Members of the Association
Breed Societies and Associations directly or indirectly interested in the breeding and/or exhibiting of stud beef cattle
The objectives of Stud Beef Victoria
Promotion of the interests of beef cattle breeders in Victoria generally, and the improvement of stud beef cattle by:
- The development and maintenance of the highest possible standards in pure beef breeds of cattle.
- Encouraging the use of pure bred bulls.
- Encouraging the importation of high quality stock.
- Protecting the interests of breeders.
- Promoting legislation for the eradication and prevention of contagious and infectious diseases in beef cattle.
- Encouraging high standard of judging in stud beef sections of agricultural and livestock shows.
- Promoting the interests of exhibitors and stud beef cattle at agricultural and livestock shows.
Officers and Committee
|Immediate Past President
|Secretariat and Treasurer
||The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria Limited
||Jessica Skilbeck (RASV)
||Representative of each affiliated breed organisation
The President and Vice President are elected at the Annual General Meeting for a period of one year, but are eligible for re-election for a further term, or terms. The Secretary, who may also act as Treasurer, is appointed by the General Meeting.
Functions of the Committee
The Committee meets from time to time, usually quarterly or as is necessary, for the conduct of the affairs of the association.
At any meeting of the Committee, six members present shall form a quorum.
Members of the Committee receive at least fourteen days notice of any meeting of the Committee